In the modern market, it’s safe to say that the majority of us start our property search online, with Rightmove being the choice of portal in the North West. As the current market leader, Rightmove attracts over 130 million visits every month and are presently advertising over 21,000 properties for sale in Lancashire and Cumbria alone. Ensuring your property stands out amongst the crowd is essential so here are our top tips to ensure your property gets the attention it deserves!
1. Professional Photography – An absolute must in this digitally led market to ensure that you give the best first impression.
Crazy Cow, Wennington £395,000
2. Take Time to Present – Ensure you have a good spring clean, de-clutter, touch up the decorating and clear the garden. If a property is empty, consider styling and dressing with a few homely touches to help with the imagination! Stay tuned as we will be sharing our top tips for property presentation in the New Year!
2 Park Meadow, Aldcliffe, Lancaster £875,000
3. Floorplans – Most agents do provide floorplans however surprising amounts don’t which can really put a purchaser off. Sometimes it’s not easy to portray the size and layout of a property from pictures alone and most users don’t want to have to trawl through the description for a better understanding. So a floorplan is a clear and easy away to show potential purchasers exactly what’s on offer.
1 Sand Villa Cottages, Sandside, Cockerham £450,000
4. Lifestyle Shots – If your property is particularly dated/ in need of renovation, ask the photographer to take some Lifestyle shots such as window views, flower arrangements on the dining table or a roaring fire in the woodburner.
Orchard Cottage, Outgate, Ambleside £1,200,000
5. Aerial Photography – If you have extensive grounds, land or even just a fantastic setting and back drop then aerial photography is definitely something to consider. Help purchasers get an understanding of the full plot size, location and that you’re selling more than just a home from the outset.
The Old Coach House, Bolton Le Sands £750,000
6. Twilight Photography – A growing trend, ask your photographer to return at twilight to capture the beautiful eerie atmosphere as the sun sets or if you have some fantastic sunrises then ask for dawn and show purchasers what they are missing!
7. Lifestyle Videos – Our professional photographers put together a stylish video of stills or live walkthroughs. These are especially great for tapping into the social media audience as video marketing has a compelling way of gaining engagement, shares and sales. On average there are 8 billion video views a day on Facebook alone!
West Penwith, Over Kellet £625,000
8. The Matterport – A next generation device that captures colour and depth and enables you, through cutting-edge technology and powerful cloud processing, to make immersive digital experiences out of real-world environments…
Try it yourself by following the link below and take a virtual walk around Low House.
The Matterport played a huge part in securing this sale, given the buyers lived over in Hong Kong it allowed them to agree a purchase price and be ‘inside’ the house without the long haul flight!